Helloooo, It's been a hot minute since I last blogged, but here I am with a travel post and I cant believe I've left it this long to finally get up. Get ready for a photo heavy post. At the beginning of last month it was my half term and I booked a little 5 day trip to Majorca with my sisters, it could NOT have come at a better time, it was exactly what I needed. After a challenging month of March, I was determined to make April a good month and the meant starting it off on a high and I could not have asked for anything better.
We flew out on a Monday and stayed till the Friday. We hoped for alright weather, at least warmish weather, if I could have a beach day then that would be a bonus and the weather did not disappoint, it was warm throughout our trip but on the Tuesday it was boiling so we took full advantage of that day.
We decided to stay away from Palma as that is the top touristy spots and can be quite manic, we also didn't want to be located near Magaluf as that is a party destination. We wanted something more relaxed and chilled, where we could spend days by the pool or on the beach and then evenings in nice restaurants and nice bars and that is just what we got by staying in Alcudia. It was April so the time of the year isn't the busiest anyway but it was so quiet and hardly anyone was around us. The day we went to the beach, we literally had it all to ourselves, no one was in sight of us and that meant loads of beach selfies and we practically turned the beach into our own photoshoot.
Our hotel was called Viva Blue & Spa, its a hotel aimed at athletes, so there was a lot of people who are swimmers and cyclists around. In fact I think I saw more bikes than cars throughout my stay. The hotel was incredible and I couldn't have asked for anything better. There was a massive pool located in the center of the hotel for everyone, then a child pool off to the side with a huge pirate boat, they had an athlete pool with lanes for people to train and then there was an over 18 pool hidden away behind some trees which played light jazz music and it was just the most fabulous little spot with double beds and pillows and even a curtain to shut you completely off. *HEAVEN AND BEAUTIFUL* The hotel had a spa with indoor pool, Turkish baths, sauna, hot and cold pools and even an outside jacuzzi, it was the perfect place to unwind and relax before dinner and we took full advantage of it every evening. You could also book yourself in for some treatments of different prices depending on what you wanted. The hotel was located within 10 minutes walking distance of the beach and opposite a lake where you could even do some bird spotting.
The hotel had a bar and restaurant and in the summer months there is also a pool bar available. I loved the restaurant and will admit that we ate there every night as the food choice was just beyond amazing. You paid 18 euros for an all you can eat buffet, which includes starters, mains and desserts and offers so many different types of food from all over the world. The staff were brilliant and we loved them, even making friends with some and being offered a free bottle of wine. We could not fault the staff in anything, they were fantastic and even writing about this it makes me sad that I'm not there for dinner tonight.
As for the area of Alcudia, in the short time we had there we enjoyed so many different things, I will admit a lot of things were shut due to the time of year, early April, but we still managed to go to Alcudias old town, which is beautiful and the little streets reminded me of Rome mixed with Lisbon. We actually had brunch in one restaurant there and it was just the best food ever! We explored the castle of Alcudia by climbing it and taking in all the views, we also did the Alcudia Ruins, which didn't take very long at all, and is always nice to see a part of the history of the town. We travelled by taxi to the port of Alcudia which made me feel like I was Brazil, such an amazing scene, with boats all lined up on one side and then the other was the beach with white sands and crystal clear blue water.
All in all, Alcudia, was quiet and away from all the touristy stuff, it was calm and quiet due to the time of the year but we got beautiful weather, enjoyed the beach and the pools, had fabulous evenings stuffed with an all you can eat buffets from our restaurant, Spent our evenings being pampered in saunas and Jacuzzis and explored an old town full of charm, history and picturesque views. I would definitely return again and could not recommend the hotel and area more if what you are looking for is a lovely relaxing break away from it all, beautiful for families and friends alike. If you are looking for parities and a little more nightlife I would suggest going further afield though.
Have you ever been to Majorca? Or Alcudia? What did you think of the area and the place you stayed in?
I am also on the hunt for more travel blogs to follow so if you know any or have one yourself, please comment below as I would love a little read. Mmm Kay? Thanks
Ana
..xo
We flew out on a Monday and stayed till the Friday. We hoped for alright weather, at least warmish weather, if I could have a beach day then that would be a bonus and the weather did not disappoint, it was warm throughout our trip but on the Tuesday it was boiling so we took full advantage of that day.
Our hotel was called Viva Blue & Spa, its a hotel aimed at athletes, so there was a lot of people who are swimmers and cyclists around. In fact I think I saw more bikes than cars throughout my stay. The hotel was incredible and I couldn't have asked for anything better. There was a massive pool located in the center of the hotel for everyone, then a child pool off to the side with a huge pirate boat, they had an athlete pool with lanes for people to train and then there was an over 18 pool hidden away behind some trees which played light jazz music and it was just the most fabulous little spot with double beds and pillows and even a curtain to shut you completely off. *HEAVEN AND BEAUTIFUL* The hotel had a spa with indoor pool, Turkish baths, sauna, hot and cold pools and even an outside jacuzzi, it was the perfect place to unwind and relax before dinner and we took full advantage of it every evening. You could also book yourself in for some treatments of different prices depending on what you wanted. The hotel was located within 10 minutes walking distance of the beach and opposite a lake where you could even do some bird spotting.
The hotel had a bar and restaurant and in the summer months there is also a pool bar available. I loved the restaurant and will admit that we ate there every night as the food choice was just beyond amazing. You paid 18 euros for an all you can eat buffet, which includes starters, mains and desserts and offers so many different types of food from all over the world. The staff were brilliant and we loved them, even making friends with some and being offered a free bottle of wine. We could not fault the staff in anything, they were fantastic and even writing about this it makes me sad that I'm not there for dinner tonight.
As for the area of Alcudia, in the short time we had there we enjoyed so many different things, I will admit a lot of things were shut due to the time of year, early April, but we still managed to go to Alcudias old town, which is beautiful and the little streets reminded me of Rome mixed with Lisbon. We actually had brunch in one restaurant there and it was just the best food ever! We explored the castle of Alcudia by climbing it and taking in all the views, we also did the Alcudia Ruins, which didn't take very long at all, and is always nice to see a part of the history of the town. We travelled by taxi to the port of Alcudia which made me feel like I was Brazil, such an amazing scene, with boats all lined up on one side and then the other was the beach with white sands and crystal clear blue water.
All in all, Alcudia, was quiet and away from all the touristy stuff, it was calm and quiet due to the time of the year but we got beautiful weather, enjoyed the beach and the pools, had fabulous evenings stuffed with an all you can eat buffets from our restaurant, Spent our evenings being pampered in saunas and Jacuzzis and explored an old town full of charm, history and picturesque views. I would definitely return again and could not recommend the hotel and area more if what you are looking for is a lovely relaxing break away from it all, beautiful for families and friends alike. If you are looking for parities and a little more nightlife I would suggest going further afield though.
Have you ever been to Majorca? Or Alcudia? What did you think of the area and the place you stayed in?
I am also on the hunt for more travel blogs to follow so if you know any or have one yourself, please comment below as I would love a little read. Mmm Kay? Thanks
Ana
..xo





























No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to spread your love, do so below. If you have anything interesting, witty or an opinion to share why not? Want to spread your hate, theres a red X button in one of the corners, click it!