Hello all,
I hope you are all keeping well? Today's post is one that I have wanted to do for a little while. The other day I sat down with my laptop and decided to watch a little bit of Sex and the City, while watching it I realised how much I envied the life those 4 independent and strong women lead. Not just because of all the designer clothes, (although of course I take that into account), but also because they get to live in a city like New York and they have fabulous high flying jobs and live in amazing apartments and lead an altogether pretty damn glamorous life. It got me thinking about my surroundings and what I do. The more I thought about it the more I started to see that I too, am an independent and strong woman and I too live in a vibrant beautiful city, the city of London, and even though my job may not be high flying, it's still a very important role that I play on a day to day basis.
I started thinking about the life these women lead and how they manage to fit in dating in New York, I also started to see that there are types of guys when it comes to dating, based on the show and also based on my own experiences, and then I had my Carrie Bradshaw moment, because I came up with a post I wanted to write all about the different types of guys you may meet when you are dating, especially in your 20s. So, thus we have a dating in the city post I like to call The guys you may date in your 20's.
Image Source
-Mr Player
The one who thinks he's slick, has you as a girlfriend but also has some more, no doubt one of you plays the role of side chick but you just don't know as you don't know about the other ones. This guy is always busy and super secretive, don't think you can just surprise him by turning up at his house one day, he has a system and you better not interfere or you may end up meeting the other ladies in his life and ruin everything for him.
Image Source
-Mr Friends With Benefits
He starts off by being sweet and says things like, he's not ready for a relationship YET, or he doesn't want anything right NOW, but then his actions don't meet that (again like the fuckboy) he tends to want to sleep with you and keep it casual, hoping no ones feelings get hurt. The words YET and NOW give you hope that it will eventually turn into a relationship so unless you have both agreed and decided to just be friends who can hook up once in a while then this is never a good idea. Also long lasting relationships hardly ever work out from these, one person always gets attached and feelings grow while the other doesn't. You could risk losing a friend. Make sure there is no miscommunication or misunderstanding.
Image Source
I hope you are all keeping well? Today's post is one that I have wanted to do for a little while. The other day I sat down with my laptop and decided to watch a little bit of Sex and the City, while watching it I realised how much I envied the life those 4 independent and strong women lead. Not just because of all the designer clothes, (although of course I take that into account), but also because they get to live in a city like New York and they have fabulous high flying jobs and live in amazing apartments and lead an altogether pretty damn glamorous life. It got me thinking about my surroundings and what I do. The more I thought about it the more I started to see that I too, am an independent and strong woman and I too live in a vibrant beautiful city, the city of London, and even though my job may not be high flying, it's still a very important role that I play on a day to day basis.
I started thinking about the life these women lead and how they manage to fit in dating in New York, I also started to see that there are types of guys when it comes to dating, based on the show and also based on my own experiences, and then I had my Carrie Bradshaw moment, because I came up with a post I wanted to write all about the different types of guys you may meet when you are dating, especially in your 20s. So, thus we have a dating in the city post I like to call The guys you may date in your 20's.
-Mr Long Term
You guys date, you get on, and you become a couple pretty soon after. You have date nights once a week, you enjoy restaurants and cinema trips but also have quite nights in, and before you know it, 6 months has turned into 4 years of a relationship, you've travelled a little together too but has it progressed on to anything? Is there a future? Are you thinking of moving in together? maybe more?
-Mr Workaholic
Hes already committed, hes committed to his work, and you will have to understand that you have to take the backseat for the majority of your time together. He says he tries hard to make time for you but you feel you have to make an appointment just to see him for a drink. He might have a high flying job, but he clearly wants that more than he wants you right now, and that's okay, if you're not happy, learn to let go.
-Mr Not Over His Ex
He brings up his ex within the first few weeks of dating, and if he asks you to have a look at her new partner and tell him what you think of them (Yes, this did happen to me), then that's a red flag that he's still not over her. If he says things like "I was hurt in my last relationship and I am just not ready to have another one", Listen to him, he may not be over her. Time for you to move on.
Image Source-Mr Player
-Mr Way Older
Mr Smooth, he's not like any of the other boys who have ever taken your fancy, he seems so together in life, something about him draws you in more and more. Once in the relationship, you both realise you are at different stages of your lives, he may be wanting marriage and a mortgage and you may be wanting to finish uni and land your dream job. It happens.
-Mr One Night Stand
Maybe you go into this knowing exactly what it is and you know you wont see him again, but you also know you are very attracted to him there and then, maybe its the beer goggles, either way, you spend the night together and then do everything possible to NOT have to communicate with each other again. If you go into this thinking you two will be more, then he becomes "Mr Ghost", who just disappears on you. Not really a relationship but can and does happen.
-Mr Fuckboy
The one and only, the kind that has all the right things to say or all the right things to do, but his actions and words don't ever match and so what you get is a "situationship". Where you have no idea if you are together or not, and he knows this, he has you wrapped around his finger, you need to be strong and deny access into your life. Otherwise feelings and emotions will grow and then if he goes off to hook up with another person and you complain he will always use the "We weren't together though". If he leaves you feeling confused then talk it out, if that doesn't clear the matter up then ditch.
Image Source-Mr Friends With Benefits
-Mr Rebound
You were with an amazing guy and you were together for a while, suddenly you break up and you have no idea how to be single and alone, where is your texting buddy, who do you call at the end of your day to talk about it, ENTER Mr Rebound, the perfect guy to take your mind of your ex, to help you move forward but he never really lasts longer then 6-7 months.
-Mr Way Younger
This guy is younger than you and automatically that makes you think a little more in depth, but something about him draws you in so you start to hang out, and you enjoy his company hes fun, then you realise that much like the Mr older you want different things. He wants to chill and play computer games while you want a man who is motivated to do better in life.
-Mr Immature
This guy seems amazing at first, you are both in stitches of laughter all the time, you get on great so you start a relationship and then once in one, you feel that you cant have serious conversations with him about financial stuff, or about what you both want out of life. You know, adult based stuff. He turns everything into a joke and laugh, and when its time to get serious you know he's not for you.
-Mr Bad News
The one you want to avoid along with the Mr Fuckboy. This guy is bad news, always up to something dodgy, weather it's dodgy dealings or being involved with the wrong crowd, he is the type your parents would warn you off, kinda like Mr Bad Boy but worse as he doesn't just play with your feelings but could also get you in trouble. AVOID, AVOID!
Image Source
-Mr Distance
-Mr Friendzone
Hes perfect.. on paper, everything about him, meets everything you look for in a partner, he understands you and shows you support and love, but, you only see him as a brother type figure, maybe you're not attracted to him (and that's an important part), maybe you've grown up together and so to you he has always been a friend or brother type with your best intentions at heart.
-Mr Boring
Another example of a perfect on paper, he has the looks, he has the charm, he cares and shows support and love too, he even motivates you to be a better person yet, he's so dull, no adventure in him, no sparkle, he never wants to try anything new, same restaurants, same positions, same places etc. Total snooze fest. Doesnt challenge you.
-Mr Right
This one is tricky to find, and once you find them, try and hold on to them. By the title of Mr Right you can see that this one is pretty self explanatory and also different for every one of us, what I consider Mr Right others won't, so the traits you look for in a partner this one has all of them in bundles and you have that feeling. The sparkle is there. You know. He may be a mixture of lots of different guys you have previously met, but there's something about him that makes him RIGHT. Keep him. Well done.
Image sourceThese are some of the guys I think you may encounter if you are dating in your 20s, I've experienced some and others my friends have experienced too. This is not to say you will encounter them all, or even any. Some people meet their Mr Right very young and stay with them throughout, these are just based on observations. I guess these could also work both ways, for "The type of girls you date in your 20's" but I can only write from my personal experience. Have you ever experienced any of these? Which one would you say you are dating right now?
Ana
..xo
No comments:
Post a Comment
Want to spread your love, do so below. If you have anything interesting, witty or an opinion to share why not? Want to spread your hate, theres a red X button in one of the corners, click it!