Hello all,
Can you guess what my post is about today? I've been busy looking through all my Harry Potter merchandise that I have collected throughout the years. Once I had everything in one place I decided to do a little post on all of it. I had Cat come round today and she helped me by photographing all of these pieces, she also showed me some tricks on how she gets her flat lay images to look so gorgeous. Can you guess what house i belong to?
Bravery
Nerve
Chivalry
Courage
Daring
These are the traits of a Gryffindor and seeing them I can see why I am a true Gryffindor.
Right, so on to all the bits that over time I have collected, I read Harry Potter when I was very young, and then watched the films as they were released, I grew up loving the franchise and dreaming of the day my letter would arrive inviting me to the most magical school in the world. So over time I have gathered bits together, the first was my Hogwarts letter, that also came with my bus ticket for the night bus and a list of all the things I would need to attend. My sister found the stick outside when we were very young and she claimed it looked like a wand, so she painted it using nail varnish among other things and its just been among all our Harry Potter things since then. I also have a copy of the Marauders Map, I always thought this would be very useful to have especially once I was attending the school. Hahaa
I was very lucky to have been bought the Gryffindor hat and scarf as a gift years ago before I even knew they were my true house. Both the hat and scarf have the Gryffindor logo as well as being the house colours. I also have my train ticket as that's the only way I'm going to be able to get to Hogwarts, unfortunately I don't have a flying car with an invisibility booster. So my platform 9 and 3 quarters ticket is also present.
Primark have some amazing goodies in at the moment if you are a Harry Potter super fan like myself, they seem to have lots of things for Gryffindor and Slytherin but it's super hard to find Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff things, so make sure you get down to your local one and have a good rummage around. I was lucky enough to find the Hogwarts cauldron mug which I lovvvvve. The shape, the colour, the logo, I'm obsessed! Its one of my favourite mugs at the moment and will be overused all throughout the Christmas season. I also picked up one of the cushions which I had seen floating around online, I actually thought the cushion would be a little bigger than it is, but now that its a firm fixture on my bed I like the smallish size and it fits perfectly. The second mug in this picture I made myself, I'm not the most creative person (no matter how much I try) BUT I had a blank mug and some pens and I had just finished watching one of the films and decided to make a mug with my favourite quote from the films. Can you tell which Character is my favourite. Professor Snape we miss you!
I have had this jumper for the longest time, again another beauty from Primark but from a few years back. I bought it 4 sizes bigger as I wanted it to be warm, comfy and snuggly and it really is. This also attracts a lot of attention whenever I wear it out. The keyring is the sign for The Deathly Hallows as any true Potter fan will know, again that piece I've had for years, and lastly all this was photographed on a Harry Potter bedspread because I am THAT girl.
These are just the little bits I've collected over the years, I of course have the books and the DVDs and I now have my very own Red Gryffindor version of The Philosophers Stone which you can buy at Tesco in whatever colour your house is. Have to say a huge thank you to David and Cat for that little gift.
At the end of this month I will be booking a Christmas trip to the Harry Potter studios, I have only ever been once before and it was right at the beginning when it first opened so I'm excited to see all the new bits they now have including the train and the triple decker bus.
Have you ever been to the studios tour before? and have you discovered what house you belong to? Let me know below, I would love to know who else belongs to Gryffindor.
Ana
..xo






I am so insanely jealous!!! I remember my Facebook was flooded with Primark's line of Harry Potter stuff. I only have a Gryffindor cardigan that's a size too big for me but I love, love, love it! The sorting hat sorted me into Hufflepuff but the store only had Gryffindor :(
ReplyDeleteI know that feeling, we went all around and had to end up going to 2 different stores in the end, they had loads of gryffindor and Slytherin stuff but not much for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, which my sisters have got into so i wanted some of those bits too! :/
Deletex