Thursday, 17 August 2017

Money Fit Challenge With Cat

Hello my lovelies,
Last month Cat asked me to join her in a 5K run around Shoreditch Park, seeing as I have been trying to do a little more cardio this year and I had already taken part in a 5k colour run around London. I thought I would join her and have another little experience. The 5k run was a charity run that Giff Gaff Money Fit Challenge had set up, the challenge consisted of 4 laps around the big park with an inflatable obstacle course in the middle to try and manoeuvre through too.


Me and Cat arrived early, the race started at 10am, we got our numbers from the drink tent and dropped our bags, my number was 12 and Cat was 13. We then took the time to look around the race course and get used to it. When more of the racers arrived, one of the main men came over to us and introduced himself and then got us straight into a warm up routine. Which was good fun and much needed to loosen those tight muscles before we ran.
See that scared face... haha
We then took our place at the start line and we were off, we had the inflatable obstacle course which was the part I was really looking forward to, but by the third lap, the inflatable bit in between the run was harder than I thought. Me and Cat ran side by side and managed to keep a good pace, I was aiming for half and hour and under, and I will be the first to admit that I had not practised/trained at all for it, and I was suffering with laryngitis and had been for the past few weeks, but I still wanted to give it a good go.

We stopped a few times throughout the race and did a brisk walk instead, especially towards the end when I was running with a stitch, this helped us catch our breath, allowed us to drink some water and even make new friends with some doggies who were out for their morning walkies. At one point I was running so fast as I headed into the inflatable obstacle course that I slammed my head into the photographer who was just hanging out there to capture awful face photos haha.
We finished our race hand in hand as you do with a time of 33 minutes and 15 seconds, I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be even though I didn't finish within the time frame of 30 minutes that I wanted, mostly because I was so exhausted from it. If I've learnt anything from doing this race, it's next time you go to do a 5K, do some training beforehand, which seems like the obvious. Haha, I had so much fun running and keeping fit with Cat.

After the race was done there was a rodeo pig that eight lucky people would get to ride, and the 3 people that lasted the longest on it would win prize money for their chosen charities. Cat was one of the lucky ones to be called out and she was the first one to have a go, she lasted 6 seconds and then tumbled off. It is a lot harder to hold on while it spins then it looks but she had good fun and gave it a good try. Unfortunately she wasn't one of the ones who lasted the longest and so she didn't win the top prize money for her chosen charity, BUUUUUT she managed to raise £55 for her charity of choice which is The Happy Staffie Rescue and I am so proud of her and her achievements. Congratulations to the other winners who lasted longer than 20 seconds.
All Photos were taken from here.
I just want to say a huge thank you to Giffgaff for organising such a good event, to Cat for adding me as her plus one, I had such a fun morning and I felt very fit and healthy after doing it! What a great start to my morning and a great way to raise money for different charities.

Well done everyone.

Have you ever ran a 5K race?
Ana
..xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to spread your love, do so below. If you have anything interesting, witty or an opinion to share why not? Want to spread your hate, theres a red X button in one of the corners, click it!