Hii, So today i want to talk about a little book that has had huge success as of late and that everyone has been raving about. "The Hunger Games Trilogy".
There are 3 books,
"The Hunger Games."
"Catching Fire."
"Mockingjay."
I'm gonna be talking about "The Hunger Games". Book one today.
The Hunger games is a trilogy of books by author Suzanne Collins, based on a future country and the rules of that country. Each year there is a televised version of The hunger Games, where 2 children, one boy and one girl get picked from each district in the city to participate, (sounds almost fun and sportsman like) only one downside. There can only be one winner, and by winner i mean, one Surviving, everybody else must die, so you either kill to win or get killed for others to win. (doesn't sound quite as much fun now, does it?) The story is based around a 16 year old girl called Katniss Everdeen and her family which consists of her mother and younger sister Primrose, it is also based around their life in their district and around Katniss's friends such as Gale Hawthorne and Peeta Mellark! The book is being made into a film which is due out this upcoming March, and i for one, can not wait to go and watch it in the cinema. I knew very little about this book before i went into reading it, i mostly only knew the film adaption was coming out soon and that it has become somewhat of a cult with lots of people buying the book and getting in on the hunger game action. Therefore i had heard lots of different reviews from different people about the book but was excited to read it for myself and give my honest opinion on it.
Having spent only 3 days in total reading it, i found once i got into it, its a very hard book to put down, and i found myself continuously wanting to know more of what was going to happen next. I don't know if its really right to call this a review as i don't want to give too much away from this story, but i do want to encourage everybody who hasn't already, to read it. Once you get past chapter 2 you just want to know more and once the games begin you just want to know who's the winner because suddenly there's so much going on and so many feelings being used differently. One minute you want one thing and the next your thinking, "Actually i prefer this instead.." The only thing i will say about this book, is as much as I'm excited to watch it in the cinema, I'm also a little anxious because the book describes certain events and situations with such detail and in such graphic terms, that it makes me queasy, its one thing to read whats happening, but to actually have to see it in the big screen, I'm a little bit of a wimp therefore I'm a little scared. LOL, although some friends of mine have said they hope the film keeps in all the gory stuff, (Each to their own i suppose) :) I shall do a proper review of the film once its out and I've seen it, and i shall do reviews of the 2nd and 3rd books once I've finished them too. I would recommend this book to anybody for sure, its a good read and if your like me and get easily sweeped up in a story then this is great, there's love, romance, giggles, frustration, just a whole heap of emotions in one story. I didn't however like the ending of this book, i feel i wanted just a little bit more, i found myself going out and buying the second one straight away just to carry it on. This is also a good thing though, shows how good the book was that i couldn't put it down, and that i just wanted more and more. Maybe Suzanne did it purposely like that, the ending, so that you go straight away to buy the next one!
The Cast of "The Hunger Games."
Have you read the book? what do you think of it?
-Ana X


Yess yes yes, I completely agree with everything you've said :D And lol @ the friends who said they hope they keep the gory stuff! They better! :P It's one of the main themes of the book!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you like it! I've lent my copies to a friend and can't wait to get them back to read it again! :) Hehe!
And I definitely agree you can't put it down.. the only time I put it down was to eat and go to the toilet haha! I finished all 3 books in one weekend! KEEN much?
Definitely let me know what you think of the 2nd one, it's quite a shocker! <3
i shall let you know about book 2, so far so good, except omg what Katniss and Peeta are doing because of president snow! :O
Deleteaha you and Amiee insist on the goriness.. im gonna scream at certain scenes, i can already tell.
omg that is epic that you did it in one weekend, i took 3 days but i brought it on the day i went newcastle and started reading on the train then once in newcastle i didnt spend much time reading, picked up on it again on the train home and once home, DONE! :) ahahaatis good..! :D
X